We will start by highlighting the final championship results, which were:
- NG Road Racing 'Supertwin' club champions
- Darley Moor '700cc Twins' club champions
- Darley Moor 'Formula 600' - 2nd in championship
- NG Road Racing 'Open 600cc' - 7th in championship
These fantastic achievements mean that we have now earned 25 "end of year" trophies (which includes 14 club championship trophies) from five different organisations:
- 20 from Darley Moor (9 Championships & 11 Runner-up)
- 2 from NG Road Racing
- 1 from Wirral 100
- 1 from Auto 66
- 1 from Junior Roadracing Association (JRA)
During the year we added to our tally of race wins, adding another 28 wins to reach a new total of 139 club race wins throughout our entire career!
Drilling down into the statistics a bit further - during 2022 we:
- Started 73 races
- Won 28 races (38.4% win rate)
- Podium'd in 46 races (63.0% podium rate)
- Finished 72 races (98.6% finishing rate)
- Mechanical DNF'd in 1 race (1.4% Mechanical DNF rate)
- Crash DNF'd in 0 races (0.0% crash rate)
- Claimed a total of 38 event trophies (including 2x 'Rider of the Round' trophies)
Throughout the season we also managed to break some Darley Moor race records (as well as our own personal records - more on those later!):
- The 8-lap Darley Moor 700cc Twins race record was broken at the opening round and currently stands at 8:14.34
- The 10-lap Darley Moor Allcomers race records was broken by us 3 times during the season and currently stands at 10:20.44
- We also managed to become the first-ever racer on a Supertwin-type machine to lap Darley Moor in under 1-minute
Other interesting stats/highlights:
- We finished 10th overall in the prestigious 'Stars at Darley' race, which is our personal best finish
- We won every Darley Moor '700cc Twins' points race that that we finished
- We never used wet tyres on circuit at any point during the 2022 season
- We managed to complete another season with zero crashes - a stat that is now 8 consecutive seasons old!
Taking a look back to our pre-season goals, where we advised that "the stopwatch will be the gauge of our success" - this is how we have performed:
- Darley Moor lap times. As mentioned previously, we were the first rider to ever break the 1-minute barrier on a Supertwin-type machine. There was a lot of quick competition in the class this season, so the "Unofficial Twin Lap Times" leaderboard has been updated and now looks as follows...
- As we have ventured to other circuits around the UK this season, we have also tracked our progress at each circuit. As you can see, improvements (some significant) have been made this season at every circuit we have visited...
We have had a fantastic time this season (both on and off track) so if possible, we would like to compete in both the NG Road Racing and Darley Moor championships once again in the 2023 season!
And last but not least I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of my supporters (if you're reading this - then that's you!), Dave Carson Snr, Steph Carson, Lorna Carson & I would particularly like to thank Pomerol Partners, Rock Oil, Sam Pointon and Jason Sedgwick for their support.